Our Supervisory Board consists of five appointed members (the Supervisory Committee) – including our Board Chair and Vice Board Chair, the Secretary and the Treasurer of the Board – and, in addition, Regional Representatives, who are employees of our Child Helpline members, and who are selected to serve on the Board for a two-year period by the General Assembly of Child Helplines, which meets every two years.
You can see more information about Board members by hovering your cursor over their picture.
The Supervisory Board is unpaid and does not have any day-to-day management responsibilities.
Its duties are to assist the Management Team of Child Helpline International by providing expert guidance and support. Responsibilities include:
• The strategy plan for the next three-five years (for ratification by the General Assembly of Child Helplines).
• The annual plan of activities.
• The annual budget and final audited accounts.
To become a member of the Supervisory Board, individuals must demonstrate:
• An affiliation with the vision and the mission of Child Helpline International.
• A broad network at their disposal and the willingness to make use of this network in favour of Child Helpline International.
• A willingness to advise the Management Team at all times and to act as a sounding board for the Management Board when the occasion merits.
The Regional Representatives serving on the Supervisory Board are selected by the General Assembly of Child Helplines for a maximum of two consecutive periods of two years. Their roles (which are supported by Deputy Regional Representatives*) include: